Corporate Real Estate Strategic Consultant
Philip has over 30 years’ experience in the property industry, 23 years of which he has specialised in the corporate real estate (‘CRE’) sector. Philip has experience across many different commercial sectors including the Banking, Insurance, Technology, Automotive and Biotech industries having worked as an external consultant to as well as directly for a number of major corporates including Ford Motor Company, General Electric, AIG and Willis Towers Watson.
Philip has a proven track record of success in conceptualising creative cost-saving solutions to reduce operating and capital expenditure through implementing effective real estate strategies. At AIG he was responsible for overseeing a 1.2M sqft ,120 office portfolio across 37 countries EMEA with $52M operating cost pa where he achieved an average annual run rate savings of 10% for five years resulting in savings of approximately $50M; reduced footprint by 40% and minimised the sq. ft/headcount ratio by approximately 50%.
Philip has significant transformational change experience successfully leading projects across multiple geographies. He has an in-depth knowledge of the complete property lifecycle, from portfolio-wide strategies to major complex transactions encompassing the negotiation, design, construction through to delivery. Philip has a track record of being an agent for change, managing highly engaged teams that consistently deliver projects on time, below budget through periods of both high growth and major restructuring whilst successfully managing senior stakeholder relationships.
Case Study: Willis Towers Watson
- Review of the existing organisational design of CRE global team to determine most effective structure to align and meet the needs of the core business following a global restructure
- Lead the review and renegotiation of existing Master Service Agreements with real estate service providers of strategy, transaction and project management services
- Establishment of a new Program Management Office for the Corporate Real Estate (‘CRE’) function
Philip can be engaged on:
- Customer Relationship Management/ Stakeholder Management
- Strategic Portfolio Review
- Financial Management / Capital planning
- Project Strategy and Leadership
- Operational process reviews
- Implementation of Project change
- Advice on Outsourcing property tenders from sourcing suppliers, to creating specifications and requests for proposal, facilitating a client’s decision-making process
- Overseeing the performance of KPI’s and SLA’s on outsourced management contracts. Ensuring the performance indicators are pertinent to the goals of the client.
- Strategic advice on team performance management.
- Project auditing and recommendations
To make an enquiry for availability, contact Philip Cohen today.