We are retained by a leading international property consultancy to assist with the appointment of an Affordable Valuation Surveyor within their Residential Advisory Business.
The Affordable Housing Valuation team of 35 people forms part of our client’s Residential Advisory business which has a strength of 70 and spans the affordable and private residential sectors, providing a wide range of valuation advice, development consultancy and transaction services. The Valuation team specialises in advising Registered Providers (RPs) and their funders on the value of land being acquired for development; and on the value of existing affordable housing stock of many different types and tenures for loan security, bond issues, balance sheet, asset management and transaction support.
This particular role is focussed on the development side of the team, advising RPs on sites they wish to acquire. This involves giving advice on the value of both affordable and private homes to be developed; and on the value of sites taking into account both development costs and planning considerations. The team is a national business, and work is undertaken throughout England, albeit with a majority of instructions in London and the South East.
Responsibilities will include:
• undertaking accurate and thorough research into local market evidence in support of development appraisals and valuations;
• undertaking site inspections;
• creating complex development appraisals using Argus Developer and Excel;
• preparing professional reports, written to a very high standard of accuracy and clarity;
• helping to sustain and build both existing and new client relationships through the provision of outstanding advice and service; and
• working collaboratively with colleagues from a wide range of other, complementary teams within JLL.
The ideal candidate will have:
• previous experience within a valuation role;
• previous experience of the development and/or planning process; and
• prior experience in a professional advisory firm would be a distinct advantage.
• Bachelor’s degree in real estate or any acceptable, non-cognate discipline;
• Master’s Degree or equivalent post-graduate diploma in real estate;
• MRICS qualification either achieved or pending in the near future;
• demonstrable understanding of, and keen interest in, the residential sector; and
• a working knowledge of commercial valuation would be an advantage.
Due to the continued success of the business and service line, the firm offers unrivalled career progression, a competitive basic salary, car allowance and bonus opportunity plus additional benefits.
Apply for this position below or alternatively for further information please contact Piers Edgar in confidence on 0207 959 2368 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you, please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Real Estate Recruitment and have a range of posts available.