If you are an experienced Bid Manager looking for an exciting new challenge, this could be the role for you!
About the role
- Leadership and management responsibility for competitive tendering
- Review and monitor bid progress regularly and resolve or escalate issues to seek resolution
· Manage an opportunity from initiation through to contract award, supporting the teams to develop a bid strategy, identify partners and articulate a value proposition
· Source and co-ordinate design input to ensure the visual standard of all documentation and presentation material is exceptional and eye-catching
· Responsible for the quality of all aspects of the bid, including written documentation and presentations
· Undertaking detailed customer, project, scope, stakeholder or competitor research to better understand opportunities
· Ensure all bid documentation is clear, concise and compelling
· Understand the opportunities in terms of customer requirements, timing, costs, risks, features, competition and any other area impacting bid content and strategy
· Risk management including risk identification and mitigation planning throughout the bid process. This includes good understanding of Supplier Onboarding & Due Diligence, Terms & Conditions, Intellectual Property Rights through working closely with our finance and legal teams
· Ensure the use of the company governance process to maintain the strategic direction of all bids with necessary approvals obtained
· Maintain a good working knowledge of the company and wider sector dynamics to ensure an appreciation of the broad scope of knowledge and content required to satisfactorily respond to commercial tenders and commercial private engagements
· Managing a diverse portfolio of multi-disciplinary bids and commercial proposals ranging from multi-million-pound programmes to smaller, complex projects
My client is looking for an experience Bid Manager, who has a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing the entire bid lifecycle. Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent and be APMP or Shipley trained however this isn’t essential. You must have strong communication, organisational and leadership skills, as well as excellent writing skills, with the ability to create high quality, compelling responses. My client wants a strong leader, who can drive improvements projects and implement them across the wider business.
What’s in it for you?
On top of the salary, you will receive a 10% annual bonus, 28 days holiday and an enhanced pension scheme, matched up to 10%. This role offers remote / flexible / hybrid working however applicants must be willing to travel to Birmingham as and when needed (could be as often as once per week).
How to apply
To apply for this role or to find out more information, please send a CV to Hayley Wood at Bid Recruitment.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Bid Recruitment, Marketing Recruitment and Business Development Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications.