The Client are one of the leading build to rent operators in the UK, offering a luxury apartment rental service to a wide range of tenants. With a number of sites currently operational around the south east of the UK, they have won awards in various property categories for their unique, up market design and outstanding amenities.
They have designed it’s developments specifically for renters. The apartments have been crafted to offer a stylish private space to relax and unwind, whilst every development comes with shared social spaces – such as lounges, gyms and games rooms – to give added services and more space to live beyond the apartments.
The role of the live in Building Manager assists the Resident Services Managers in the day to day running of the building. They are the main point of contact on site during normal working hours. During on call hours, the individual must be within reach of the building, and respond to fire alarm activations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Working alongside the onsite Housekeeper the Building Manager will manage their own workload on a day-to-day basis. There will be a requirement for some weekend work on an ad hoc basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
• First point of contact for residents, contractors and visitors.
• Assist in coordinating the day to day running of the building, liaising with residents to ensure all relevant information is communicated correctly and efficiently. Ensure the daily log is completed and forwarded on a daily basis.
• Ensure that any requests/complaints from residents are dealt with in the correct manner taking messages where appropriate and delivering them to the relevant person.
• Providing a knowledgeable and friendly welcome to all residents and guests and ensure any messages, mail or correspondence passed to them promptly.
• Answering queries via telephone, email or face to face in a professional and confident manner.
• Managing post and parcels for our residents efficiently and carefully, logging all signed for deliveries.
• Create and prepare documents, standard letters and other correspondence using Microsoft Office software.
• Assist in ensuring the diary and handover book are kept up to date and document all relevant information to ensure a smooth and professional handover between shifts.
• Have a working knowledge of all equipment used within the development and apartment services (eg cooker, heating, white goods etc). Carry out all prechecks and set all equipment to standard operating parameters, carry out standard servicing of apartment equipment.
• Keeping our booking system updated and in line with GDPR policies and procedures
• Working closely with the Resident Service Supervisors and Resident Service Managers in delivering exceptional customer service
• Keeping the entrance lobby clean and presentable
• Understanding and following our Health and Safety policy, operational procedures, risk assessments and any other policies and procedures introduced by the client
• Undertake Health and Safety courses or others required by the business.
• Carry out all Health and Safety checks within the property, documenting these, weekly fire test, Emergency lighting checks, Boiler checks etc.
• Responding to and logging enquiries, working with the Resident Service Supervisors or Resident Service Managers where needed
• Ensure the circulation and distribution of all relevant information to the residents
• Raising maintenance requests for residents and communicating with the maintenance team
• Handling and logging complaints professionally and compassionately, escalating them to the Residence Service Managers for resolution
• Prepare each apartment for move in, checking all operational services in working order, produce Inventory List and welcome packs.
• Supporting the process of check-ins and check-outs. Carry out pre-move out inspection, check out with residents, prepare apartment and coordinate all maintenance, cleaning and inventory requirements for re rental
• Arranging mid-tenancy checks and maintenance requests
• Support the Lettings Team with viewings at the site
• Carry out regular site inspections of all amenity and communal areas and document/report any issues.
• To respond to in and out of hours fire alarm activations, and carry out testing alongside the commercial units
Out of Hours Requirements
• Respond to out of hours leaks/power outages
• Respond to out of hours fire alarm activations
Attitudes and Behaviours
• A can-do approach
• Organised, flexible and dedicated
• Able to work alone and utilise technology to communicate with the wider London teams
• A professional phone, email and personal communication manner with a desire to deliver exceptional customer service
• Dependable, enthusiastic and dedicated team player
• Competent with Microsoft Office and experienced with learning new systems
• Must be able to differentiate and manage their own “working day” as residents may request works to be carried out in out of hours times. These must be pushed to the next working day to be actioned.
Working for us
They are a fun and cool place to work, with a small team that live and breathe everything that you would expect from such a high quality rental product. They encourage entrepreneurial characters to make improvements that add to the resident experience and challenge peers to make the service better.
They have a ‘work hard, play hard’ attitude with regular social activities (outside of Covid times of course).
They offer a great financial package alongside some excellent benefits that are all part of being part of a market leading business.