Interim Principal Project Manager (Capital Delivery – Estates) x 2
Local Government – Home Counties
- Circa 12-18 months
- Flexible hybrid working pattern
- Day rate – £400 Per Day (Outside IR35 – subject to assessment)
About the client
On behalf of a local authority, MRG Interim Executives are currently recruiting 2 Interim Principal Project managers to deliver a range of capital projects for the Council’s Adult Social Care estates.
Working within the council’s property function on a major estates delivery programme, accountabilities/deliverables to include: –
- Primarily responsible for delivering assisted living capital projects and additionally you may be required to help deliver supported housing/mental health capital projects
- Manage consultants during design phase
- Preparation and submission of project documents for approval and oversee capital funding
- Assist in the procurement of delivery partners/or contractors
- Lead on site-analysis projects
- Work independently with stakeholders
- Management of budgets, funding and resources in line with the council’s policies
- Assist in ensuring the council’s targets are delivered
- Experience in delivering capital projects preferably within a local government setting
- Knowledge of local government policies and legislation
- Project management qualification such as APM or PRINCE2 preferably
- Ideally you will hold relevant qualifications in surveying or property management
- Experience working with consultancies, delivery partners and contractors
- Willingness to travel to sites as required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage a range of stakeholders
- Experience in delivering capital projects within the realms of care and support/adult social care housing schemes
- Experience delivering capital projects from RIBA 1-7
- Technically minded with good understanding of project procurement activities
- Understanding and experience of project funding and budgeting
What to do now
For a confidential discussion, please contact the retained recruitment advisor handling this assignment – Edward Kaye (Edward.Kaye@mrgpeople.co.uk) of The Management Recruitment Group on 07779 412 380.
Applications should consist of a CV and any additional information specific to this post.
This is an urgent post and is open until filled.
Equality & Diversity Statement
MRG Interim Executives shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate/temporary worker is submitted for a vacancy or assignment, or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement for temporary workers. MRG Interim Executives will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate’s merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy