Systems integration Manager
Lead the systems integration function of the Regional Rail Systems for Mobility department which act as the internal project sponsor for their successful delivery on time and performance specifications as well as within budget to deliver the best customer experience.
– Provide strategic leadership and direction to ensure efficient and capable resource in the Land Mobility team, as the internal Regional Rail Systems sponsor, and to ensure close coordination with project delivery & contractor teams to achieve owner-specified technical requirements and schedules as well as full integration between all transit systems and between transit systems and facilities so that a properly designed, integrated and functioning transit system will be satisfactorily delivered.
– Work closely with the Land Mobility and Project teams to provide systems engineering and oversight for the Regional Rail Systems (the ‘Project’) involving rolling stock, signaling and train control equipment, systems integration testing and other systems and interface management, etc.
– Work closely with the internal teams, contractors and consultants to ensure that train system functionality is optimized and integrated by having expert system knowledge at both system and train level and be capable of delivering comprehensive system specifications with which to engage the supply chain
– Ensuring that design and system information is correct, fit for companies’ purposes, and aligned with the expected deliverables of the team to enable effective interdisciplinary information flow (e.g., Maintenance, Procurement, QHSE, Training, Testing, etc.)
– Develop and implement alongside project delivery teams and contractors the key systems engineering processes and practices to effectively control the full verification and validation lifecycle, including but not limited to systems engineering, requirements management, systems integration, configuration management, safety & systems assurance.
– Oversee change management throughout the different phases of the Project in line with overall configuration, and provide technical support on root cause analysis of complex technical faults which require expert system knowledge leading to clear, concise, and actionable conclusions
– Oversee and verify as the Project sponsor that all system designs are following the performance requirements and all applicable codes and standards.
– Ensure there are proper system integration engineering documents, manuals, procedures, method statements etc. required for successful execution of the Project according to quality, time and cost requirements.
– Provide oversight of the systems integration, testing & commissioning, and acceptance tests, and ensure comprehensive plans are in place timely which include testing forms, procedures for testing, and approval steps, etc. To this end, the Systems Integration Manager will be expected to liaise closely with the Independent Safety Assessors (either Operator or Client), as well as the relevant authorities such as the Saudi TGA.
– Closely interact with the other business units, internal customers, stakeholders and customer, other contractors. Suppliers, and vendors (as required) to ensure that requirements for system integration and interface are communicated.
Experience, skills & Qualifications
– 15+ years of progressive experience in transit system designs and systems integration.
– Previous systems engineering and integration experience on large rail-based transit projects
– Track record of interface management, systems integration, system acceptance and rail safety certification.
– Experience in formulating test, integration, and commissioning strategies to encompass the railway system and main interfaces, such as existing infrastructure, existing systems and operational and maintenance procedures and facilities.
– Understanding of construction means and methods.
– Familiarity with rail transit industry standards (e.g., CENELEC), practices, and regulations is required.
– Demonstrable experience of complex stakeholder management and change management.
– Ability to effectively interface with and influence engineering specialists, design managers and construction project managers in a competent professional manner.
– Self-starting, ability to work in complex environment, multitasking and meet competing deadlines
– Ability to present to business and government at the highest level
– Graduate degree, preferably post-graduate degree, in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent desirable
– Fluency in English