Head of Innovation Real Estate – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Permanent, full time (relocation opportunity)
About the role:
On behalf of our client, The Management Recruitment Group have been retained exclusively to appoint the post of Head of Innovation Real Estate for an ambitious project based in Saudi Arabia. This role will be responsible for overseeing and managing real estate operations for a Campus and Research & Innovation Hub. Ensuring all real estate activities such as development planning, financial performance, masterplan design, project management, property leasing, property and facilities maintenance are running efficiently.
Our client is at the beginning of this large-scale project and the successful appointment will be responsible for constantly engaging with a global audience & key stakeholder’s.
You will be responsible for:
- Aligning the development plan with the launch plan and campaign required for the project to attract the required tenant sectors and target audience.
- Liaising with sector specialists, consultants, and project management on preparation of asset development plan.
- Implementing clear plans so that the development plan can be tracked tangibly on its timeline, cost & capex requirements, personnel, and resource requirements.
- Establishing relationships with the sales and leasing teams, jointly preparing a sales and leasing handover plan that is linked with the overall masterplan of the project.
- Assessing the performance of the assets continuously and forecasting the revenue budget for the assets for the coming years.
- Determining whether Research and Innovation should have own leasing and sales team or whether to leverage the central project team.
- Preparing and monitoring budgets for developing and operating all asset components.
- Setting KPIs for project performances and help the project prepare annual budgets for forthcoming years by provisioning all requirements for the project.
- Providing and presenting quarterly updates to the project board about performance the projects expansion, redevelopment, and demolitions plans, approval status and any red flags in a comprehensive deck.
- Defining the overall organization needed to manage innovation real estate within the project, including writing all job descriptions.
- Recruiting and building a strong and high performing team.
- Constantly engaging with the relevant stakeholders, internal project team, real estate players and global institutions, focussing on the global promotion of the opportunity.
- Establishing a sub-team that will manage the property maintenance and redressal of all real estate assets.
You will need to be:
A pragmatic problem-solver who is comfortable with ambiguous environments, and who has significant experience in Research and Innovation real estate development and management.
Experience of working in the Middle East or Saudi Arabia is preferable, although not mandatory.
Background, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Economics, Real Estate, Finance, Business Administration, or comparable/similar appropriate qualification.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience, having held a leading position with either a developer, master planner, urban planner, consulting firm, service firms or government firm.
- The successful incumbent will have been part of the real estate divisions / real estate development or real estate service firms for minimum 8 years in various markets.
- 5 – 8 years demonstrable experience of building and leading high-performance teams.
- Understanding of accounting and compliance procedures required for real estate operations.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of corporate finance for the real estate industry.
In return, you will be able to make strategic decisions, leading global promotion of the scheme and constantly engaging with a global audience and key stakeholders. You will have direct oversight and responsibility for one of the world’s most exciting projects. You will be offered a generous compensation package, which will include a guaranteed high basic, bonus, pension, a sign-on bonus, and relocation. All living costs including accommodation, food, transport, laundry, and housekeeping are covered, as well as a financial travel package to return to your point of origin.
What to do now:
For a confidential discussion, please contact Nicky Harrison (firstname.lastname@example.org) of The Management Recruitment Group on +447513 721969. Applications should consist of a CV and a relevant project list.
Applications are open until the role is filled.