Director of Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Permanent, full time (relocation opportunity)
About the role
The Management Recruitment Group are delighted to be partnering exclusively with our client, for the appointment of Director of Sustainability and CSR, for an ambitious project based in Saudi Arabia.
This critical role reports to the CEO and will provide technical and management expertise in the fields of Environment, Sustainability and CSR for an expansive mixed-use development. You will be responsible for directing and developing the implementation of objectives, strategies, and action plans to facilitate ongoing and future development of sustainable activity within the region. Participating in the development and refinement of the projects overall vision.
Our client is at the beginning of this large-scale project, consisting of an exhaustive list of assets, including luxury residential and other leisure/lifestyle.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading and directing the development and implementation of the projects environment and sustainability initiatives, policies, scope, procedures, standards, KPIs and objectives. Ensuring the provision of updates to existing policies, standards and procedures are in line with the business requirements and changing environmental conditions.
- Providing specialist environmental expertise, acting as technical authority for matters related to protection of environment & sustainability.
- Advising the Executive Management team on emerging issues and presenting recommendations, enhancing corporate sustainable development.
- Reviewing and endorsing the development of annual CSR and sustainability reports and presentations.
- Directing the preparation and consolidation of the departmental budget and monitoring financial performance versus the budget.
- Supervising engagements, partnerships, and advocacy with key external entities to ensure they are conducted in the most effective manner and with the highest standard of business ethics.
You will need to be
A decisive, problem-solver with strong project management as well as oral and written communications.
You will have an outstanding, demonstrable track record of working at the highest standards and delivering remarkable results, including managing change and delivering on growth strategies.
Background, Skills, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies, Business Administration, Economics, or a related field.
- A minimum of 15 years relevant experience in sustainability and/or CSR in the real estate industry.
- At least 5 years demonstrable experience in positions of progressively increasing leadership responsibilities.
- Impeccable planning and organisation skills.
In return, you will be a member of the executive management team, contributing to the overall process of corporate management and decision making to ensure the projects short, medium, and long-term profitability. You will have direct oversight and responsibility for one of the world’s most exciting projects. You will be offered a generous compensation package, which will include a guaranteed high basic, bonus, pension, a sign-on bonus, and relocation. All living costs including accommodation, food, transport, laundry, and housekeeping are covered, as well as a financial travel package to return to your point of origin.
What to do now
For a confidential discussion, please contact Nicky Harrison (firstname.lastname@example.org) of The Management Recruitment Group on +447513 721969. Applications should consist of a CV and a relevant project list.
Applications are open until the role is filled.