I am currently working with a well-known, marketing leading facilities management business who are seeking an experienced bid manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will be joining a well established and growing team, working on large value opportunities up to £70mil in value. My client has offices in Manchester, London and Southampton and operate a hybrid working model (1-2 days in the office per week). They are open to candidates from other locations but you must be willing to travel to one of the office 1-2 times per month.
· Responsible for developing the most compelling bid submission; ensuring a consistently high-quality approach to solution development, governance, and compliance to client specifications
· Management of all processes (commercial, estimation, document preparation etc.) from receipt of tender through to final submission
· Navigate procurement process for both private and public opportunities
· Reporting on all current tenders/ pipeline and project status
· Support Proposal Management of contract renewals
· Responsible for supporting Business Development Director with internal governance
· Responsible for risk assessment on new bids / renewals and commercial corporate governance
· Appraisal of client procurement documentation to identify key risks and opportunities
· Analyse the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs
· Build the proposal’s compliance matrix and track the fulfilment of all requirements throughout the tender cycle
· Build a project plan to ensure the timely and compliant submission of the proposal, incorporating internal governance and gateway reviews
· Safeguarding a consistent bid response with clear symmetry throughout the written and financial submissions
· Support Business Development Directors with the creation and delivery of the Bid/No Bid and Bid Review/Sign-Off presentations
· Take responsibility for the development and completion of storyboarding, ensuring that key win themes are captured and articulated through the technical response
· Lead regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule
· Lead and direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts
· Coordinate and review / edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
· Competitor analysis, particularly in the area of pricing and service-provision
You will have proven bid management experience within the facilities management sector (hard or soft services) and be fully confident with the full bid lifecycle. You will have a successful track record of winning large value bids of £10m+. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, attention to details and project management skills, with the ability to juggle a busy and demanding workload. You will be a team player who can support junior members of the team and offer mentoring when required.
How to apply
To apply for this role or to find out more information, please send a CV to Hayley Wood at Bid Recruitment.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Bid Recruitment, Marketing Recruitment and Business Development Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications.