About the role
I am currently working with a facilities management company who are seeking a bid manager to join their team. This is a full time, permanent role which can be based anywhere in the UK. There is a requirement to travel occasionally, and they have offices in London, Leeds and Glasgow.
This is a hands on role, and my client wants someone who is not only comfortable managing bids, but will get involved in coordination and writing as and when needed. You will manage a team of 2 bid writers, and work alongside the estimating team. You will also work along side the European team on EMEA opportunities.
- Write compelling solutions aligning each bid to customer needs
- Take ownership of the bid process with both new and existing clients
- Lead on new bids from concept through to close
- Produce a compelling bid strategy and brief the tender team
- Reviewing bid opportunities to ensure we select the right bids that align with company goals and strategic aims
- Oversee presentations to potential clients
- Take responsibility for the quality of all aspects of the bid, including written documentation and presentations
- Attend hand-over meetings
- Support the development of retention plans with the operational team
You will have a proven track record winning opportunities within the facilities management sector. You must have strong leadership skills, the ability to deliver bids and projects to a high level of quality and possess solid commercial and financial acumen. A professional qualification in facilities management would be an advantage, however this isn’t essential. You will have previous experience managing a team or a desire to manage a team, and must be comfortable doing so remotely. As they are a small bid team, they want someone who is a team player and who is willing to support when needed at all stages of the bid process.
The salary on offer is £50,000 – £70,000 depending on experience. The package includes a car / car allowance and a bonus of up to 10% (discretionary, based on performance).
How to apply
To apply for this role or to find out more information, please send a CV to Hayley Wood at Bid Recruitment.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Bid Recruitment, Marketing Recruitment and Business Development Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications.