Job Description – Bid Consultant (Technology)
A Bit About Us
The client is a multi-award-winning consultancy business. Through our core service provisions and technology platforms, we provide professional services that include, Audit compliance services, Training, Bid Management & Business Consultancy. We are the UK’s leading experts in this field and are expanding to meet the growing demands of Central Government, NHS and wider public sector.
About the Role
As a result of continued success and strategic investment, we are recruiting for a professional Bid Consultant (Technology). The successful candidate will join a high-performing team to go above business goals and wider objectives, enabling Great Britain’s businesses to grow at a faster rate.
Reporting to the Head of Bid Management, the successful Bid Consultant (Technology) will drive the end-to-end administration and coordination of assigned bid projects Working cross-functionally alongside internal / external stakeholders spanning operational, technical, and commercial disciplines, always aligning activity to the Bid Management Process.
The Bid Consultant (Technology) will bring proven experience from at least one of the following areas: Cloud services including, Hosting/ PaaS, IaaS / Cloud Software (SaaS) / Cloud Support / Cyber Security / Mobile Voice & Data / Network infrastructure, connectivity and Communication solutions including VOIP, Unified comms/ Hardware both sales and support/ Applications Solutions / Big Data & Analytics
- Drive assigned bid projects (i.e., SQs, RFPs & ITTs), ensuring they are professionally delivered to meet the customers’ needs and Tender specification(s).
- Articulate the development of compliant, compelling, and competitive responses in line with corporate branding guidelines, standard formatting, and high-quality standards.
- Collaborate with internal / external stakeholders through answer planning and consultation, conveying commercial / technical narratives into customer-focused content.
- Support monitoring and reporting of assigned bid projects, proactively identifying and escalating issues for early resolution.
- Organise bid project feedback and lessons learned (internal / external), supporting the identification of opportunities for continual improvement.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience delivering bid projects within at least one of the following areas: Cloud Hosting: PaaS, IaaS / Cloud Software (SaaS) / Cloud Support / Cyber Security / Mobile Voice & Data / Network Services / Vertical Applications Solutions / Big Data & Analytics.
- Practical knowledge of Public Sector procurement, preferably Frameworks through past functions as a supplier or buyer or both.
- Well-rounded writing and editing of bid content in a complex business environment, and to procurement body defined timeframes.
- Comfortable consulting with Director level stakeholders (internal / external), updating and maintaining customer-centric communications using knowledge-based systems.
Education / Qualifications (preferred)
- Degree level in a relevant subject
- Project management or equivalent
- Membership to relevant professional body
- Ability to self-motivate, owning assigned bid project(s) from start to end.
- Strong written English language, able to author content and edit same by others.
- Excellent organisation, time management, and prioritisation.
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders through bid lifecycle (internal/external).
- Analytical with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines.
- MS Office365 (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Outlook, and Teams).
What We Offer
- Salary: £Neg. Plus performance bonus, enabling you to be in control of your own earnings.
- Additional: Employees can take full advantage of our benefits package which consists of medical care, eye care, market leading pension scheme incentives and great training, development, and professional career progression.
- Location: Manchester (Office / Hybrid / Remote flexibility).
- Working hours: 9am – 6pm (Monday to Friday).