Fantastic opportunity to join a Tier 1 Main Contractor. They are looking to recruit a talented Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Romford on a £10 million refurbishment of a Grade 2 Listed Building.
Your role will be predominately site based with occasional visits to their office in North London. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will comfortable working as the Lead Surveyor, taking control of the financials of the project and working closely with the Project Management team. Ideally you will demonstrate good Commercial Management, experience of similar Building projects, a logical thought process and be adaptable in driving profit levels to better levels and margins.
Your role will be providing commercial expertise on behalf of the Main Contractor, reporting on contract commercial performance to the Commercial Manager
About The Role
• Managing all commercial aspects of the project
• Producing monthly valuations and applications
• Managing monthly commercial reporting.
• All aspects relating to bulk material procurement.
• Sub-contract procurement.
• Managing “variation to contract” accounts.
• Producing & managing direct labour payments
• Good communication skills and presentable appearance.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management
• Ability to work to programmes and deadlines
• Ability to read and understand drawings.
• Experienced in managing direct and sub-contract labour.
• Sound technical building knowledge.
• Be computer literate particularly Excel.
On offer for the Senior Quantity Surveyor position is a basic salary in the region of £65,000 circa p.a. depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package (including healthcare, bonus, car allowance and pension).
This is a great opportunity with a very sought after Tier 1 National Building Contractor.
Apply for this position below or alternatively for further information please contact Mark Seckerson on 07896 079493 or email.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Construction Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications.