MRG are supporting one the of the UK’s premier civil engineering and construction management organisation. The client organisation is a Top 10 civil contractor who has been delivering some of the world’s largest and most complex projects for over 100 years. Their current portfolio of projects includes major highway alterations, rail and Crossrail civil and station upgrades and large energy from waste plants
They are seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join and lead an award winning ground engineering team based in North West London.
• Leading a team of 5 Geotechnical Engineers and Geologists across multiple projects from pre-construction through to project delivery phase.
• Overseeing the design and construction of pile foundations, D walls and secant walls, general retaining wall types and ground anchors
• Providing solid knowledge of geology, soil properties and ground engineering to the team
• Providing designs for piling mats and temporary foundations for cranes, hoists and gantry structures
• Liaising with and working within a multi-disciplinary team of geotechnical, temporary works, architects and civil / structural engineers
• Overseeing the day to day running of the Temporary Works department
• Organise and chair fortnightly meetings with the team
• Reviewing and approving team work utilisation and timesheets
• Taking responsibility for technical delivery of schemes, reviewing of tenders and specifications
• Mentoring other Design Engineers to allow meaningful and measurable delegation across the wider team
• Ensuring the latest learning and development initiatives are implemented to further develop the team
• Championing the delivery of the company’s Progress and Development Review process
• Supporting the management of reward and recognition across the team
The successful Senior Geotechnical Engineer MUST have a degree in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent plus at least 5 years post graduate experience in design. You will also have extensive experience of Eurocodes, International codes and advanced analysis techniques (FEA, FD and BEM etc). Extensive experience of piling design and Chartership is advantageous but not essential.
Please contact Isabel Walder on 020 8892 0115 or Isabel.email@example.com if you require more information
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Rail and Civil Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications.